We are proud to offer Philips Zoom Day whitening solution here at The Barn Dental Clinic.
Results can be visible in as little as 3 days with maximum results around 7-14 days with little to no sensitivity.
It is a at home solution for a brighter whiter smile. You are provided with trays moulded to the contours of your teeth. These are special because only you can wear them. The product is used for either 1 hour session per day or two 30 minute sessions. This can be done at a your convenience. Your whitening journey is over seen by your clinician so you can be confident in knowing it is the right option for you.
• Using Zoom! whitening at home involves an initial dental appointment in order to produce your customised whitening trays.
• Your dentist will talk to you about what you hope to achieve from your tooth whitening and check that the products are suitable for you to use. They will take your current tooth shade and an impression of your teeth so that they can make the customised take home trays for you
• Upon a second visit the clinician will check that the trays fit and are comfortable before showing you how to apply the Zoom! gels prescribed to you
• You will leave the surgery with all that you need to begin your home whitening journey
• Upon completion of your whitening journey you will be welcomed back for a third visit where the clinician will take the final shade of your teeth and ensure you are happy with the results. You will then be ready to introduce your bright, healthy smile to the world!
Is teeth whitening safe?
Yes. Clinical studies have shown that whitening your teeth under the supervision of a dental professional is safe for teeth and gums. Always ensure that products are EU compliant.
What are the side effects of whitening? The most common side effect is tooth and gum sensitivity. Your dentist will be able to advise you on whether you are a good candidate for whitening and they can also ensure that you are using the right concentration of whitening formula.
Philips Zoom! whitening products contain 2 mild desensitising agents, potassium nitrate and Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP), which are proven to reduce sensitivity.
How long will my Philips Zoom! whitening results last? Whitening treatments help to reduce existing stains, but through consumption of coffee, soft drinks, or through natural ageing, your teeth may become discoloured again. Maintenance whitening at home can help combat recurring discolouration. Philips Zoom! whitening products also include ACP, which has been shown to reduce whitening fadeback.
What causes teeth to discolour? There are many causes of tooth discolouration. Some of the most common include the consumption of highly coloured foods and drinks such as red wine, coffee and tea. Some medications, ageing, smoking and trauma can also cause tooth discolouration.
With Philips Zoom! take-home, when used as instructed, you will achieve great results within 1-2 weeks, depending on the concentration of formula and wear time.